So I would like to thank Garmin for the quick turnaround.
OK, so if I get the watch today I will start the new review on Saturday. I'll take lots of pretty pictures and/or video of the unboxing, etc. And it helps that I am already familiar with the watch and what it comes with.
Here the review plan and what I plan to (re-)review:
- Initial setup
- Look feel as a watch (not as a GPS running device. I would never strap on the Garmin 305 as a watch).
- Setting up the basic running parameters I normally use:
- Auto lapping
- HR alerts
- Training pages
- Auto scrolling
- Going out on a basic typical run. Comparison with 305.
- First run I will use the 610 HR strap. I will do nothing special with either watch (This means I will not clear the Timer Started/Lap screens when they pop-up. This is to see if the GPS accuracy issue pops-up again. All of these runs will be with 1sec recording.
- Second run. If the GPS accuracy issue pops-up again, I will first try the clear the Timer Started screen one I start the watch.
- If I see an auto-lap GPS accuracy issue I will do a third run clearing both the Timer Started screen and the Lap screen
- I will test 1-3 with Smart Recording.
- I will test the 610 with the 305 HR strap.
- Uploading to Garmin Connect and to 3rd party log site (http://www.runningahead.com) using ANT+ connection
- Quickness to Garmin Connect
- Any uploading problems, error that occur.
- Battery Life
Don't know if anyone else is reading this, but if you have any other suggestions please leave a comment.